Admission Notification Details for Jadavpur University Kolkata

Jadavpur University Kolkata Distance Education MA Admission 2013

Distance Learning Mode

MA in Environment and Development Admission Notice - 2013

Jadavpur University offers a Master’s degree course via online web based distance learning mode

The MA in Environment and Development offers an open and distance learning environment using computer aided learning materials including multimedia and web based packages along with workshops to develop advanced knowledge, skills and understanding in the study


·         Honors graduate in Social Sciences or Honors graduate in Science or Technical/ Professional degree (with completed result only) from a recognized Indian University
         Preference will be given to persons with relevant work experience of at least two years
         Competence in English, Computer literacy and access to computer and Internet facilities are required
         By taking this course the student can study alongside regular employment to enhance his/her career prospects, develop his/her skills, knowledge and research expertise or upgrade his/her existing commitment to environment and developmental concerns

Evaluation :

A part of the evaluation for each paper (40%) will be through on-line submission of graded tasks. The rest (60%) in each paper will comprise of examinations held in Jadavpur University, twice a year

Duration :

·         Two/ three papers will be offered in a semester

·         Duration of the course is two years (4 semesters)

Application Form :

Application forms Rs 50/- are available at the University Information counter between 11.00 a.m. and 04.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday (except holidays) or from Jadavpur University website

While submitting the downloaded application form a bank draft of Rs 50/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Jadavpur University, payable at Kolkata is to be enclosed

Application forms submitted or received by post after the last date will not be considered

Completed applications (hardcopy only) is to be to the Principal Secretary, Faculty of Arts, Jadavpur University, Kolkata-700032.

Contact Information :

Jadavpur University,

Kolkata-700032, Email :, Website:

Other Distance Education Admission Notification